Sodankylä is the second largest municipality in Finland. We have about 9000 people living here. So not that many. We are located in the center of Lapland.
The sights to see in Sodankylä are:
- In the center of Sodankylä there is old church witch is build in 1689.
- Also in the center you can find painter Alariesto gallery and homelandmuseo.
- To north from Sodankylä 90 km you can find Tankavaara goldmuseum and if you want you can even pan gold there.
- There is also a slalom slope and crosscountry track in Sodankylä Kommattivaara.
You can find all sort of events in Sodankylä year around. Come and see!
- Reindeer racing
- Marttis ice fishing
- Midnight sun film festival
- national Goldpanning competition
- midnight sun horserace
- Watercross competition (snowmobile riding over the river)
- Luosto Classic
- Week of Sodankylä
- Luosto mountain midsummerseve
Come and get acquainted to Sodankylä